Thursday, June 3, 2010

Color

Fishing south and central New Jersey is mostly unfiltered cedar and marshy murk waters and this has provoked me to really start considering colors of lures. After a lot of research and looking around at what both pros and amateurs alike use for colors the famous Fire Tiger combination has really been proving well. I picked up a Strike King Fire Tiger tiny shad crank. This crank served me well, even picking up a bluegill which is often a bit tougher on a treble hook due to the small mouth. It's a suspending shad body crankbait that I am finding can be worked in a variety of ways. I can jerk the bait, slash the bait, twitch the bait like a jig, and I can even slow or fast retrieve and let it slowly pop to the surface. This particular color combination seems to drive almost any fish nuts. I've been catching Perch, Bluegill, Pickerel, Bass, and Crappie. It's high time I throw this in trout waters and see what comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment