Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ocean Acres Golf Course

Ocean Acres Country Club is situated right in the outskirts of Manahawkin, NJ and Barnegat, NJ. In this land is a small park with childrens playthings and this makes it accessible to a water hazard. This water hazard has been rumored to house some pigs of bass.

It was windy and very choppy, probablly down in the high 50's with windchill involved. I landed a few sunfish and that was about it. I haven't properly visited this lake in about 6-8 years. Last I remember of this lake I happened to be fishing without a license and a warden showed up and I was luckily already ducking in the woods. Not that I condone unpermitted fishing, but eager is as eager does.

I don't remember this lake producing very well in the past and maybe I should pay it another look when I have the time. For now, I doubt this pond is worthy of the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment