Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Relaxation

The past few days here in NJ have been colder, and I decided to take a few days off from the water. Although catching fish is still possible, sometimes the drastic temperature changes cause finicky fishing. It's a great opportunity to catch up on some R&R. You could read that as Rest & Relaxation, or maybe Reading & Research. I'm doing both.

I've been working on Rapala Trophies, a game that I picked up for my Sony Playstation Portable. I also picked it up for the Nintendo Wii, however I had been playing it already on the PSP and want to finish the game. Having a great interest in freshwater fishing I have gone through many video games showcasing the sport. To my exhausting disappointment there just has never been a game that caught any excitement on thrill of fishing. Rapala Trophies, however, is one game that I simply cannot put down. This game is really teaching me a lot on how to work different Rapala lures and is also giving me the opportunity to test/try Rapala brand lures that I wouldn't otherwise be tempted to buy. This game has challenges and a free fishing mode with many sportfish including smallies, bigmouths, crappie, and even catfish. 

One of the lures I tend to look over is the Jigging Rap. They are an odd shaped lure, with hooks out the tail, nose, and a dangling center mount treble. One reason I have shunned the lure is its eyelet is mounted about the dorsal fin area and instead of a diving spoon an acrylic pointed tail is on the opposite end. This lure has so much prospective uses to me that I really need to give this lure a try. What a great idea to mix my two favorite lures... a crank/jerkbait and a jig. Novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment